Solar (PV) Construction Manager
OSHA 10 Hour training (minimum)
3 years’ working experience installing commercial PV or 2 years’ working experience in Construction Management
Aurora Energy, Inc. is seeking a Solar (PV) Construction Manager to join our fast-growing company. In this role you will work directly with Project Managers, Engineers, Subcontractors, and Clients to execute commercial solar installations across Maryland, Virginia, and Washington D.C. Ideal candidates will have a high level of pride, integrity and attention to detail.
A. Site Management and Support
· Work closely with Project Manager to efficiently direct subcontractors and vendors to ensure quality
· Ensure all aspects of projects are safely built to specification, meeting codes and industry best practices
· Build and maintain a healthy relationship with clients and subcontractors.
· Manage project schedules and submit progress logs and reports to ensure timely, safe and code compliant installations
· Monitor and address site safety while proactively resolving problems
· Coordinate and attend Interconnection/ Utility Outage and inspections
· Commission and document PV system.
· Collect commissioning documents from subcontractors.
· Configure and test monitoring systems and trouble shoot monitoring issues.
C. Project Closeout and troubleshooting
· Create punch list and confirm remediation.
· Track necessary documents and tasks needed throughout the project to ensure timely and complete project closeout.
· Diagnose and resolve a wide range of issues before, during and after installations.
D. Potential PV Site Assessment
· Determine possible interconnection location and document electrical room layout
· Determine optimal array locations and potential inverter locations.
· Survey and document roof thoroughly.
· Review completed design documents and provide feedback to engineers.
· 3 years’ working experience installing commercial PV or 2 years’ working experience in Construction Management.
· OSHA 10 Hour Training
· OSHA 30 Hour Training (must be achieved with in 1 year of hiring.)
· Strong understanding of both mechanical and electrical aspects of Commercial PV Construction.
· Proficient in reading and understanding design plans/ blueprints.
· Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task at a high level while efficiently completing tasks.
· Knowledge of PV Commissioning requirements and experience commissioning systems.
· Comfortable and able to work on rooftops and around energized electrical equipment on a regular basis.
· Ability to efficiently work from the job site daily and lift and move up to 50 lbs.
· Comfortable and experienced using extension ladders and/or scissor lifts.
OSHA 30 Hour Training.
Current Forklift and/ or Scissor Lift certification.
NABCEP Certified PV Installer.
Founded in 1994, Aurora Energy is a pioneer in the D.C. metro area solar industry and one of the most trusted solar engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the region. We have completed hundreds of projects for client such as the United Therapeutics and Fitzgerald Auto mall and focus on commercial rooftop, groundmount and carport installations.
We are in Columbia Maryland, which is consistently voted one of the best places to live in the US. Aurora Energy also offers the opportunity for partial remote work from such locations as D.C. or Northern Virginia. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
Please upload a resume and cover letter, including position you are applying for and your available start date