Join our fast-growing company and get valuable experience while working to make the world a better place one solar project at a time! We offer candidates the possibilities to work partially from home and the chance to play a key role in building an expanding business in the important growth market of solar energy while launching your career in solar!
We are looking for 2-3 new graduates or rising seniors to learn the ropes on selling commercial solar projects, learning how commercial sales works, and the solar business. Interns will receive incentive-based compensation, working three days per week. Cold calling, in-person targeted marketing, and talking to potential customers is a majority of what this internship will entail. We are looking to promote, train & hire sales producers for permanent positions and grow our sales team. This position will enable qualified applicants to work directly with our team and gain valuable experience.
Key responsibilities include:
· Generating new customer leads through targeted outreach
· Making appointments for the sales team to meet with potential customers
· Learn how to develop and present proposals to clients
· Develop relationships with potential customers
· In-person presentation of Aurora marketing materials to targeted commercial property owners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong networking ability and the ability to constantly expand your customer base
- Excellent strategic thinking and the desire to contribute to the expansion of a fast-growing company
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal and drug screening
Founded in 1994, Aurora Energy is a pioneer in the D.C. metro area solar industry and one of the most trusted solar engineering, procurement and construction companies in the region. With past projects on the White House, Fitzgerald Automall, and multi-international companies such as United Therapeutics, Aurora Energy is one of the DMV’s most experienced and successful solar companies. Aurora Energy focuses on rooftop and groundmount commercial solar projects.
Aurora Energy main office is based in Columbia Maryland. Partially remote work opportunities are available.